Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Great Outdoors.

Finally, the weather this morning was good enough to run in the great outdoors.  My goodness, that was WAY overdue!  Today's high was supposed to be around 40.  However, when I went running in Boston this morning it was more like mid 20's and blustery along the frozen Charles.  I'll take it any day.  I decided to run in the city today because I wanted to run a long run and absolutely LOVE to run in Boston because it is so motivational and there are some great photo ops for my Instagram addiction.

Boston Marathon Ice Sculpture
Boston Marathon Ice Sculpture
It was a great morning for running even though it was a bit chilly (I'm not complaining at all).  Paths in the Common/Public garden along with those along the Charles were pretty clear for the most part.  I did end up with cold wet feet because of a few slushy sidewalks and crosswalks but what did I expect a couple of days after the areas first Nor'easter? 

I altered my normal course to run down Boylston street as I wanted to snap a pic of the Boston Marathon ice sculpture from New Year's eve in Copley Square.  This also gave me the opportunity to run past the finish line of the Marathon.  The ultimate "Finish Line".

I finished my run with 12 miles through the streets of Boston and Cambridge.  Thank you to my wife for getting up early and getting me to the train station and thank you to mother nature for a great morning for running.  I just love the great outdoors!

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment