Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Energizng Run.

OK, new running gear.  Check.  Perfect running weather.  Check.  New course.  Check.  What an energizing run!

I won't bore you with the new gear (yesterday's post covers that).  Yesterday's weather in Boston was perfect for running.  Low 40's and partly sunny.  There was a stiff breeze coming out of the West which helped push me along the Charles back towards my destination which was nice, but holy cow, I thought that I was going to take flight a couple of times.  I was afraid of getting stuck in a tree like a high flying kite.  However, all-in-all, it was gorgeous out for running.

Sights Along My Run
Running along the Charles River is great but I was looking to mix it up a bit yesterday.  Why not run along the harbor and the Freedom Trail into Charlestown I thought.  Why not?  Sure.  I ended up taking in some great sites and photo ops for my other addiction, Instagram (don't ask).  From South Station, to Fort Point Channel, to the North End over to the USS Constitution and then the Bunker Hill monument.  Took in the sites and sounds there and then swung by the Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge, onto the Charles River on the Cambridge side to the Mass Ave bridge.  Then the Esplanade (here is where the tail wind kicked in) and over to the Public Garden.  Took a left at Albuquerque.  Sorry, that was Bugs Bunny.  Onto the Common, down to Down Town Crossing, over to City Hall Plaza, through Faneuil Hall.  Almost there.  Back over to the harbor, then the Fort Point Channel again and finally back to South Station.  I really should be a tour guide.  Turned out to be 13.5 miles.  Sweet.  A new route that is definitely going on my favorite list.

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment