Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Early Bird Catches the Worm?

Well, I'm not sure that I'm very keen on worms (unless they are gummy) but I guess I don't mind being called a bird.  Maybe a Blue Jay or Cardinal.  I decided to go in early this morning to get a run outdoors in Boston instead of going to the gym again last night.  It wasn't a hard decision even though the temperatures were going to be in the teens this morning.  I didn't care.  I just wanted to fulfill that itch to run outside.  So 4:15 AM it was (had to get up that early to get everything together and to get to an early train- thanks to my wife for getting up so early to take me to the train station)! 

Boats at the Boston University Sailing Pavilion on the Charles
I got a pleasant surprise when the train pulled into South Station and the door of the train opened.  Snow!  The frozen precip made for a beautiful run but boy did it sting like a bird, maybe a Blue Jay or Cardinal, pecking my eyeballs out.  Of course the time that I decide not to bring my sunglasses, because there was no sun,  I needed them to deflect the sharp flakes from my eyes.  Oh well, it was beautiful, what I could see of it anyway!

It is so motivational to run in the city along the Charles River.  I LOVE it.  I have my tried-and-true loops which never get monotonous.  They can get busy in the nice weather with other runners and cyclists but it is worth it.  Today, there was no issue of crowds.  Just us die-hards.  I ended up with 10.3 miles.  I'll take it.  This bird would never fly south.  Wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to run in this kind of weather!  Chirp, chirp.

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment