Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

B.A.A. Distance Medley

My race schedule this year is starting to take shape. Three more races on tap courtesy of the B.A.A. Distance Medley (5K, 10K & 1/2 marathon).  Registration opened Wednesday of this week at 10:00 AM sharp. I was online at 9:55 AM to check things out. Testing out my browser and making sure that everything was in order to ensure, that come 10:00:01 AM, I would be able to get my spot in this great series.  The Web page was loaded.  Mouse and keyboard were in fine working order.  I completed a couple of finger exercises to ensure ultimate dexterity and to eliminate any potential for my fingers cramping up at the wrong moment.  I felt so giddy, like I was getting ready to buy tickets for a Depeche Mode concert from TicketMaster (yes, Depeche Mode!).  The time had come.  10:00:01 AM.  Registration was open.  My heart was pounding (well, maybe not pounding, but beating at a pretty good clip at any rate).  I answered all of the usual registration questions, entered my expected race finish times and clicked "Submit".  Yes!  Loge 12 Row 7 Seats 5 & 6!  I got tickets.  Oh wait, I mean I got registered for the Medley!  Yes!

I ran the B.A.A. half marathon this past October and enjoyed it so much, that I decided right after that race, that I wanted to run the medley this year.  It truly was the best run race that I've ever participated in.  The B.A.A. definitely has every detail covered in their races and make it such a good experience for the participants and spectators.  I can't wait to see how well they handle the marathon knowing how well they did the half.  I only have 86 more days to find out.

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment