Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Outdoors Again.

I absolutely LOVE running in the city.  I know that I probably sound like a broken record.  Let's say a broken 45 of Loverboy's "Working for the weekend"?  I'll even include the yellow spindle adapter just in case you want to try and give it a spin.  I digress, but I really do love running outdoors in Boston so much because it is so motivating and there are so many places to explore. 

I had the day off today so I decided to go into the city to get one last long run in before the arctic blast and snow hits New England tomorrow.  Luckily, I had some extra time to devote to my run today so ended up extending it to 16.5 exciting, invigorating, wonderful, stupendous, gratifying, amazing, kick-butt miles.  Did I mention that it was a pretty good run?  It could have been the new re-fueling gels that I tried (I'll start posting later this week about all of the different gels that I have been trying) or maybe it was the fantastic weather at 36°, feeling like 27° with 13 mph SW winds.  Oh, I just felt like an official weatherman there for a second.  OK, it was my Garmin that gave me the stats.  Stratus clouds formed from the SSW, barometric pressure fell and the humidity was at 55% (thank you again Garmin for the humidity info- I made up the type of clouds and barometric pressure- I have no idea what they were). 

It was wonderful in the great outdoors today.  Looks like it is going to be back to the gym this week though since 10" of snow and frigid temperatures are forecast starting tomorrow.  Hopefully the weatherman will be wrong again, and won't be "tryin' to get it right, get it right" (Everybody's workin' for the weekend...).

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment