Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pasty Legs.

Wow, do I need a suntan or what?  Holy moly!  Like, seriously.  I think that I overheard a woman walking down Mass Ave. with her her friend yesterday morning saying something like "Did you just see something go by?".  I'm pretty sure that I heard the friend reply "yeah, it looked like a ghost, wicked pissah!"  Well, it didn't really go down quite like that but it certainly could have.

This is my first winter running outdoors in the cold weather of New England so I'm learning as I go along on how to strike the right balance of clothing to wear.  What can I say, I'm used to running in spring/summer/fall.  When it is nice and warm.  I started out feeling like Randy (Ralphie's brother) from A Christmas Story.  I can't put my arms down!  Bundled up with every piece of obligatory winter garb that I could get my hands on.  OK, it wasn't that bad but it sure felt like it.

The weather for yesterday's early morning 10.5 mile run was forecast to be 40 and windy.  This was going to be the day for my new mantra: "More is Less".  That is right.  Shorts, long sleeve tech shirt, new windbreaker and Nike cap (New Gear post).  That is it.  I can put my arms down!  Yeah.  Forget you Ralphie.  I don't need you anymore.  It definitely was cold at first but soon become very comfortable once I got into my race pace.  It was so much more comfortable running with less.  I think that is the way that I'm going to go from now on unless it is very cold out.  Even if it means that I scare a few people with my pasty legs.  Maybe I should look into self-tanners?

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment