Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wicked Pissah.

No, I wasn't pahking my cah in Hahvahd Yahd.  However, if I had, I certainly would have banged a uey at some point on the way there.  The streets can be a bit tricky in that area. I would have gone by at least 20 Dunkies in a half mile stretch getting there but I wouldn't have stopped at any of them.  Their food is not good for me during training. Maybe I could get a tonic though?  

Short Wearing Weather Tonight
Enough of the Bostonisms already. I know.  Tonight's run was wicked!  Fan-frickin-tastic!  Temp was in the low 40's and the real feel was in the mid-30's. Warm enough to pull the shorts out again (go ahead, insert Casper the friendly ghost jokes here).  It felt so good to cut down on the number of layers to wear.  It is going to be short lived though as I've heard rumblings of the "V" word (vortex) coming back next week.  Oh, well. 

I ended up getting 10.2 energizing miles in tonight. Very slushy paths full of mini- lakes on the Cambridge side of the Charles River (my feet were sopping wet), clear paths on the Boston side, well except for the huge nasty old dead rat on its back in the middle of the path along the Esplanade.  Nasty I tell you. I also got some good hill work in on Beacon Hill. 

Now where did I leave my cah keys?...  Here they are, in my pocket of course. I'm wicked smaht! 

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment