Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Race Season 2014- 2 Weeks Away.

My first race of the 2014 season is only two weeks from today.  Ocean's Run 1/2 marathon.  I ran this race last year and have found memories of it as it was my first 1/2 marathon that I had ever run.  I learned a lot about how to race and even more about myself that day.  It is such a great race that winds through the streets of South Kingstown, RI.  A beautiful course that hugs the coastline for part of the race.  There is nothing like running along the ocean.  Very motivating, even when the temps are in the upper 30's and the wind is blowing in off the ocean.  I knew when I finished the race last year that I wanted to come back and run it again in 2014.  That is exactly what I'm going to do.

This race will be a good gauge as to how I'm proceeding with my training for the Boston Marathon and will help me to dial into the areas that I need to improve on.  It will also give me the opportunity to try out a couple of different strategies that I've been working on during my training runs to see how well they actually play out during races.

I cannot wait to run this race again.  To return to wear the passion for running all started for me that cold March day last year.  It reminds me of Manfred Mann's "The Runner".  "See the mist as your breath hits the air".  It certainly does on a brisk morning in March.

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment