Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Still Of The Night.

In the Still of the Night
I feel my heart beating heavy
Telling me I gotta have more...


More running that is.  I love that song. Brings back memories of my first concert when I was a freshman in high school. Whitesnake playing at the old Aud in Buffalo, NY.  No comments on the selection of band from the peanut gallery please. I was young and hadn't opened my eyes (or ears in this case) to the vast untapped possibilities of music choices that were out there. Seems like it was just yesterday.  I stress "seems" because it sure as heck wasn't.

My sneaker print in the snow.
Sneaker Print In The Snow At Night
I've really become a fan of running at night.  There is just something about seeing the Boston skyline lit up in all its glory.  The way the lights reflect off the Charles.  In the shadow of night, I see the full moon rise (sorry, had to add more lyrics here and there).  Speaking of the moon, I have seen some magnificent variations of it while running at night.  Real purdy!  Stress relief for everything that has built up during the day.  You feel things building and you say to yourself "I can't take no more, no, no" (sorry had to do it again).  What better feeling then to know that you can let it all go in a few hours at the end of the day.  Cleanse your mind and recharge.  There's nothing like it. 

I ended up running 7 miles the other night in the city before the big snow storm swooped in.  Gorgeous weather and fantastic sites (yes, I had to stop for more pictures to fulfill my Instagram addiction).  I'm going to end up running in the city tomorrow morning due to scheduling conflicts.  I know, completely the opposite of the topic of this post.  Don't worry, I'll be singing "I'm waiting for the night to come, ooh, baby" as I make my way down the Esplanade at 7:00 in the morning. 

Until next time, keep on runnin'!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment