Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Refueling- 4th Place


Hammer Gel- 4th Place Finisher

Hammer Time.  I mean Hammer Gel.  Just had an 80's flashback there for a second.

"You can't touch this".  Well you actually can if you want.  Hammer gel was my first try at a gel made with natural ingredients.

"Break it down. Stop, Hammer time."  Sorry, got caught up in the song again. Let's break it down though. This is another gel which is on the thicker side. Not as bad as Gu but still a little hard to get down. It does get a bit thicker when out in the cold.  You definitely want to wash it down with a drink (I like any flavor of Powerade Zero).

A drawback of Hammer gel is that there are very limited flavors available. I tried Vanilla and Raspberry. Both had an imitation taste to them that was mild but also had a bit of a medicinal aftertaste.

A positive is that they are made with natural ingredients which is something that I was looking for and the only type that I will buy going forward.  They provided a nice gradual level of energy which was sustained for a good amount of time.

This gel would have ranked higher if only it were thinner and had a better overall taste.

It's "Hammer, go Hammer, MC Hammer, yo, Hammer".  I have that darn song stuck in my head now along with visions of those pants that he used to wear. Stuck in your head now too?  You're welcome.

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment