Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mixing It Up.

Saturday's 6.2 miler was so refreshing. Kind of like a tall glass of ice cold lemonade on a hot summers day.  Well, maybe not lemonade as I cannot stand the stuff but it sounded good anyway. Why was it so refreshing?  Because it was an outdoor run. Just me and the open road on a cold winters day. Darn that was such a great feeling to pound the pavement again. 

I took my rest day on Sunday to go hiking in the Blue Hills with my son. We had such a good time taking the more rugged red trail up the side of the mountain. It was great that both of us were out getting fit together. Thanks my friend!

My 6.5 mile run yesterday was forced back indoors at the gym.  While I was dreading it at first, I decided to add hill training into again. This really made it much more bearable and something that I'll be thanking myself for come April.

I'm a runner.  This requires both physical and mental strength to get through not only training but races whether they are a 5K or a full marathon. Dreading the gym is a mental thing which I have overcome by mixing it up and adding routines that are going to benefit me in the long run. Yes, I would rather be running in the great outdoors but I have to remember that if I'm given lemons that I should make a tall glass of lemonade to quench my thirst. 

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment