Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I did it.

That's right. I had to do it. I went to the gym yesterday to run on the despised dreadmill of hell. It was horrible, like a bad case of chaffing at mile 20. Unfortunately, I've been out of commission the past week with something resembling the flu, then a bad head cold which turned into an even worse chest cold. I should have bought stock in Kleenex & Mucinex!  I was itching to start running again yesterday since I was finally feeling better. I decided that I should run indoors since it was pretty cold and it was my first run since meeting up with the phlegm monster. I have to say that I have been pretty spoiled by being able to run outdoors for so much time this year. Damn!  I was so done with the gym at mile two.  The hot, smelly & uninspiring surroundings were getting the best of me. I wanted at least 6 though so I decided to alternate in some "heart break hill" training. That is what I needed as I was able to finish with just over 6 miles. Nothing like making a nice clean & dry running shirt a dripping wet mess!  Sweet. 

Open road, here I come.  Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment