Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Accepted.

I am a very lucky runner.  A little background as to why.  I am an avid distance runner (one 5K, one 4 mile bridge race, one 10K, five half marathons, one full marathon and many many training runs this year) and proud member of a running club at work.  After the tragic events of April 15th 2013, I vowed that I wanted to run the 118th Boston marathon in April 2014 to show solidarity in the running community and to be part of the “We are Boston.  We will run.” movement.  That was all dependent on whether I would be able to actually run and complete my first marathon and qualify to run Boston.  I completed my first marathon in October 2013 but did not have a qualifying time for Boston.  I was obviously disappointed but realistically knew that I wasn't going to qualify.  The only remaining option available was to run for a charity.  Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for them, the available charity spots filled-up quickly.  Just when I thought that I would not be able to fulfill my dream, an opportunity to run for an outstanding charity that is near and dear to my heart became available.  I submitted my application and it was accepted.  Yeah!
 
I will be running the Boston marathon April 21st, 2014 supporting the art, music and science programs at the Curley K-8 School which is a Boston Public School located in the heart of Jamaica Plain.  Thank you to Susan Elsbree and the Curley K-8 School for giving me this opportunity.

My fundraising goal for this endeavor is $5,000.  These funds will go a long way in helping the school to continue the great art, music and science programs that benefit all of the deserving students in this academic community.  This is an absolute honor and privilege for me to be able to run in the first Boston marathon since the awful events of April 15th, 2013.  Please consider making a tax deductible donation, whether small, large or someone in between, to the Curley K-8 School.  I am finalizing a donation page and will post information about it as soon as it is ready.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment