Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Jack Frost.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos

OK.  There were no chestnuts and no fire.  Jack Frost was certainly nipping at my nose though.  My cheeks.  And my forehead.  Carols were being sung but not by a choir.  Just by me and it was only in my head as I didn't want to scare anyone with singing out loud.  Most folks did look like they were from Alaska, but not me.  No fur.  No big warm clunky boots.  A zipped sweatshirt, sneakers and a hat.  Kind of boring.

Day one of week one training completed yesterday. Boy, that was a cold one!  6.5 easy miles.  Very easy!  It was a bit hard to not go at my normal pace.  I kept finding myself running faster and then having to slow down to get back to the slower pace.  It is something that I need to work on and remember that training is not competitive.  I don't always have to go out full force every run like I have been doing lately.  Follow the plan my friend.  Follow the plan.

It was kind of neat running in the city as all the Christmas lights were on in the Common and the Public Garden.  The lights and light snow coupled with the cold winds made it a festive run indeed.  Cannot wait for tomorrow's run to take in more of the lights around the city.

They know that Santa's on his way
He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh
And every mother's child is gonna spy
To see if reindeer really know how to fly
 
Run Weather:
22 degrees | Windchill 13 degrees
Winds 9 MPH | Gusting to 18 MPH

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment