Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

The Numbers Behind The Run.

3 Days until 4/20/15.  2 training runs left.  Numbers.  Marathon training is full of numbers.  Numbers that most non 26.2 mile runners would not stop to think about. I have some extra time on my hands due to tapering and thought that I would put together some that show the other side of what it takes to train for a marathon.  The other side of "yeah, training is going great!".

19 weeks of training.
75 training runs in total.
16 of the 75 were team runs.
39 times at the gym cross training.
21 miles- longest run.
3 miles- shortest run.
34 packs of Jelly Belly Sports Beans used during training.
6 packs of Jelly Belly Sports Beans I'll use during the Marathon.
2 pair of sneakers.
65+ bottles of Gatorade/Powerade.
9 years- age of Patrick who is my Patient Partner.
593 miles run.
95 donors to my fundraiser.
$7,969.20 raised for Boston Children's Hospital.
 
It is hard to believe that this is all coming to an end in 3 days. As I look back on my training over the past 19 weeks, I find myself fighting back my emotions. There have been many highs and lows and I have met so many incredible people along the way including my coaches and fellow Miles For Miracles team members. I was able to be partnered with an inspiring patient partner.  My family and I experienced the life saving services that BCH provides first hand back in December when they saved my son's life after a traumatic head injury.  Would I have done it if I knew then what I know now?  Absolutely.  This is an experience that I will always hold near to my heart and will be ever grateful for.  Until Monday...

Until next time, keep on runnin'!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment