Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Beautiful Day.

It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

You're on the road
But you've got no destination
You're in the mud
In the maze of her imagination

Thank you U2. This past Saturday's 17 mile team long run was cancelled due to the unsafe conditions out on the course. I had to make a tough decision to either run on the treadmill for 17 long, hot, sweaty, excruciating, boring, monotonous, tedious, boring (had to through another one of those in to highlight the dramatic) miles or get out in the great, magnificent, exciting, motivational, inspirational, wonderful, stupendous, fan frickin tastic great outdoors and run with all the glory and beauty that Mother Nature gave us (no I wasn't planning on running in my birthday suit, well... no, that would just be plain wrong!). Tough choice. Not!  

I decided to go into Boston to run because I figured that they would be pretty well dug out on the main routes at this point.  I took my usual scenic route from the Financial District over to the Seaport, into the North End and then over to Charlestown. Made my way back over to Boston and then along the Charles.  The sidewalks, paths and roads were as I had expected. Pretty much smooth sailing. Well, a bit too cold for sailing in the harbor and impossible on the frozen Charles but that is a totally different story.  

I ended up getting in 18.5 glorious training miles on Saturday. It's amazing what a simple thing as getting the chance to run outdoors again can do for your body and mind. It also gave me the chance to get some more pics for Instagram which isn't a bad thing. Beautiful day indeed.

Until next time, keep on runnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment